Oasis Systems has an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Designer in San Diego, CA to support of the SSC Pacific Marine Mammal Systems Engineering Services which includes a range of engineering and associated support services required to support the SSC Pacific Reconnaissance and Interdiction Division. These services include: strategic planning and tactical analysis, engineering, depot maintenance, logistics, configuration management, program management, and information assurance/information technology (IA/IT) support in three primary locations: Naval Base Point Loma, San Diego, California, Naval Submarine Base Kings Bay, Georgia, and Naval Base Kitsap, Bangor, Washington.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: (Education, Certifications, Experience, Skills)
This candidate must have experience with the following:
- EXPERIENCE LEVEL: Must have two (2) years of experience in mechanical design documentation including assembly and detail drawings satisfying the requirements set forth in MIL-T-3011 and/or ASME Y14.5M; at least two (2) years of experience must be within the last five (5) years.
- EDUCATION: Must hold an Associate Degree in drafting or related field OR Must have coursework in Computer Aided Drafting/Design, Solid Modeling, Engineering; and must have two (2) years experience with the design, testing, and production of hardware used in a marine environment.
- CERTIFICATIONS AND TOOLS: N/A
- SECURITY CLEARANCE: Must have current and active Secret security clearance.
- Must have two (2) years of experience in hardware design for the marine environment.
- Must have two (2) years of experience with Autodesk Inventor three-dimensional solid modeling software for mechanical design and Autodesk Vault configuration management software.
- Must have five (5) years previous experience working with the Navy Marine Mammal Program or similar Mine Countermeasure Program.
- Experience with drafting and design of hardware for use with marine mammals.
- Experience with advanced prototyping equipment including CNC, 3D printer and waterjet.
- TRAVEL: Travel to other government facilities or other contractor facilities may be required.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: Functionally, the successful candidate will:
- Provide engineering subject matter expertise for the mechanical and electrical system design and development of hardware for the marine mammal programs MCM, FP, and object recovery systems.
- Provide subject matter expertise in the use and operation of Inventor 3D CAD modeling software or equivalent.
- Ensure that all hardware designs generated conform to SSC PAC Policies and Animal Care Standard Operating Procedures (Reference AD5). Any design that interfaces with the animals must first be approved by the Animal Safety Committee prior to the testing/utilization of the hardware with an animal; this approval process must be followed 100% of the time.
- Design of any MMS support equipment, the contractor shall follow the design process provided in the MMS Configuration Management (CM) Handbook (Reference AD3).
- Designs shall be made with consideration for all project specific requirements. When/if it is determined that not all requirements can be met, there shall be a formal meeting with the appropriate stakeholders to determine the best engineering course of action. All Analysis of Alternatives shall be documented, reviewed and discussed with the COR.
- Document all system design requirements, system designs, engineering analysis, safety analysis, and test and evaluation data for all projects.
- Upon completion of the design process, advise the COR on the most economic method of building/procuring prototypes.
- Ensure that all hardware that is given to fleet system users has been quality assurance tested, to ensure proper function. The hardware shall be tested in as close to its designed operational environment as possible. The Government reserves the right to require any/all quality assurance testing to be documented.
- Ensure that established deadlines for major project milestones (such as Engineering Change Proposal (ECP) deliverables) shall be met.
- Provide prototyping design and fabrication support using division 715’s prototyping facilities and equipment.
- Utilize best business practice concepts to improve, enhance, and streamline processes involving engineering support.
Oasis Systems is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of any legally protected characteristic including, but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, medical condition, military veteran status or on the basis of physical handicap which, with reasonable accommodation, render the application to satisfactorily perform the job available.