Oasis Systems has an exciting opportunity for a Technical Writer II in San Diego, CA to support of the SSC Pacific Marine Mammal Systems Engineering Services which includes a range of engineering and associated support services required to support the SSC Pacific Reconnaissance and Interdiction Division. These services include: strategic planning and tactical analysis, engineering, depot maintenance, logistics, configuration management, program management, and information assurance/information technology (IA/IT) support in three primary locations: Naval Base Point Loma, San Diego, California, Naval Submarine Base Kings Bay, Georgia, and Naval Base Kitsap, Bangor, Washington.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: (Education, Certifications, Experience, Skills)
This candidate must have experience with the following:
- EXPERIENCE LEVEL: Must have at least three (3) years of experience authoring technical documents such as test reports, user manuals, project plans, and maintenance plans.
- EDUCATION: Must hold a 4 year Bachelor’s degree in any technical field, OR a minimum of four (4) years of specific experience with all of the following: successful drafting, editing, and production of technical documentation such as; major system changes/revisions, user manuals, standard operating procedures (SOPs), project plans, instructional training materials, and maintenance support plans and supporting documentation.
- CERTIFICATIONS AND TOOLS: N/A
- SECURITY CLEARANCE: Must have current and active Secret security clearance.
- Must have experience working with the Navy’s Marine Mammal Program or similar Mine Countermeasure Program
- Must have experience with Explosive Ordinance Disposal (EOD) Engineer Change Proposal (ECP) process documentation.
- TRAVEL: Travel to other government facilities or other contractor facilities may be required.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: Functionally, the successful candidate will:
- Provide subject matter expertise in the use and operation of Inventor 3D CAD and Vault configuration management software, or equivalent, as determined by the COR.
- Prepare and maintain all documentation required to maintain configuration control of all in service MMS projects, as well as associated MCM and FP systems and equipment. All project plans must be updated at a minimum every two years.
- Configuration control must be maintained in accordance with the MMS Configuration Management (CM) Handbook (Reference AD3) and shall include the preparation of Engineering Change Proposals (ECP).
- Configuration control shall be maintained for all technical documentation and will include all engineering drawings, parts lists, altered item drawings, diagrams, and schematics.
- Ensure all technical documentation is completed within 30 days of the completion of the associated project, and must document all of the design specifications, parts, and components necessary to replicate the design from scratch.
- 100% of all engineering 2D drawings generated shall be completed in the Inventor drawing format, or equivalent.
Oasis Systems is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of any legally protected characteristic including, but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, medical condition, military veteran status or on the basis of physical handicap which, with reasonable accommodation, render the application to satisfactorily perform the job available.