Human Solutions, Inc. [HSI], a Division of Oasis Systems, is a professional services company that was established in 1997. Through the knowledge and experience of its skilled professionals, the company offers a wide range of technical and management services for air traffic control providers, aviation planners, airport operators, and business management services for government and industry. Our core competencies include: engineering, human factors, air traffic systems support, safety and QMS, program management and organizational development.
HSI has worked extensively with the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration where it has earned a reputation for on-time delivery of high-quality products tailored to the special needs of its clients. We also work with aviation organizations around the world and provide management consulting services to other public and private entities.
THIS IS A PART TIME POSITION
- Perform weather information requirements assessment and development (legacy and emerging) and provide information understanding to program engineering teams.
- Work with FAA groups to support emerging weather information validation for operational use and value.
- Conduct benefits quantification and post implementation analysis.
- Work with Human Factors engineering team to ensure weather information is obtained, updated, viewed, and manipulated as per requirements.
- Work with Test engineering team to ensure weather information is obtained, updated, viewed, and manipulated as per requirements.
- Participate in the preparation of functional specifications and user documents, including Interface Requirements Documents (IRD’s), in conformance with set style guides and industry best practices.
- Consults extensively with customer engineering teams and FAA air traffic control subject matter experts.
- Consults extensively with FAA weather program offices to understand emerging weather information and product details for program application and value.
- Conduct vendor interviews and evaluations with regard to weather information requirements traceability and validations.
- Evaluate various technical specification documents and user manuals for content inclusion in functional specification documents; provide additional or missing materials.
- Translate technical information and prepares, reviews, and edits professional functional specification documents.
- Assesses complex problems and investigates, develops, appraises, selects, and presents solutions.
- Develops briefing packages, graphs, presentation materials, and other documents as needed.
- Work independently with minimal or no supervision, but also contribute in a team environment.
- A Master of Science in engineering with at least 15 years of experience, or a Bachelor of Science degree in engineering with at least 20 years of experience (the degree may be in any engineering discipline (i.e. Electrical, Civil, Computer Science, Industrial, and Aeronautical), Meteorology, or a related field such as mathematics).
- Familiarity with CSS-WX preferred.
- FAA Experience preferred. Strong understanding of aviation meteorology preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience performing weather requirements development, validation, and benefit estimation.
- Working knowledge of engineering principles and working with engineering and test teams.
- Working knowledge of technical specifications related to an FAA acquisition program.
- Attention to detail, great work ethic and customer service focus.
- Must have excellent interview and research skills, and have the ability to write clearly and concisely.
- Must be efficient in preparing, reviewing and editing technical documents Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, particularly Word and PowerPoint.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.