Oasis Systems has an exciting opportunity for a Payroll Specialist. The Payroll Specialist will oversee the distribution of paychecks and direct deposits for a large segment of employees, ensuring weekly timesheets are properly completed and approved. The Specialist will balance the payroll against labor distribution amounts from timecards and expense reimbursements to confirm accuracy, corresponding with employees to resolve any discrepancies. The candidate must have excellent communications skills and ability to multi-task; and have a full understanding of payroll processing, timekeeping accounting cycle, financial reporting and government contracts. This is a new position due to significant growth in our business and is located at Oasis’s home office in Lexington, MA.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: (Education, Certifications, Experience, Skills)
- EXPERIENCE LEVEL: Must have at least (3) three years of payroll experience. Government accounting experience highly desirable. Experience with automated financial software and Deltek time and expense systems desirable. Experience with Deltek GCS and ADP Workforce Now highly desirable. Experience with automated financial software, electronic timekeeping and database analytics tools. Hands-on expertise with general ledger accounting, financial and management reporting, time reporting, project costing, budgeting and financial systems implementation. Familiarity with Deltek GCS and Deltek Costpoint and Cognos and Impromptu a plus.
- EDUCATION: AA in Accounting or related field.
- Proficient in use of PC and software applications including Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Strong organization and communication skills; detail oriented and professional in dealings with external and internal customers.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and set priorities in a growing company.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: Functionally, the candidate will be responsible for:
- Responsible for entering new hire and termination information into the accounting system and the ADP Payroll System.
- Responsible for ensuring charge codes are properly assigned to new employees.
- Responsible for verifying expense reimbursement uploads.
- Participate in new hire orientations, reviewing the timecard policy and procedure.
- Enter changes made to employees’ compensation into ADP and accounting system. Assist with calculations involving final paychecks, new hire initial paychecks, PTO payouts upon termination, LWOP adjustments, bonuses or awards, etc.
- Review of payroll submission in ADP and reconciliation of the postings of labor and payroll into the accounting system.
- Assist employees with resetting passwords in timekeeping system and ADP.
- Assist in reviewing to ensure correct input of data staffing form information into Cost Point
- Accurate and timely completion of the biweekly payroll process.
- Responsible for the Deltek automated timekeeping process, including employee and subcontractor setup
- Administer New Hire, Team Member changes and system maintenance in ADP system.
- Provide user support on Deltek systems as appropriate for Team members and consultants and subcontractors.
- Reconcile subcontractor time entry with invoices.
- Support year-end processes as required.
- Assist in special projects as requested.
Oasis Systems is a premier provider of customer-driven, cost-effective and quality Engineering Services; Enterprise Systems and Applications; Human Factors Engineering; Information Technology and Cyber Security; Professional Services; and Specialized Engineering Solutions to the Department of Defense, FAA, NRC and other federal agencies.
We strive to be an exciting and welcoming company that attracts, develops, motivates and retains the most talented, skilled and dedicated people in the industry; where they are encouraged to achieve personal excellence, purpose, and their full potential and career aspirations; while supporting mission-critical national security technologies and programs.
Oasis Systems is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of any legally protected characteristic including, but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, medical condition, military veteran status or on the basis of physical handicap which, with reasonable accommodation, render the application to satisfactorily perform the job available.