The successful candidate will be able to perform as a SME on Security Forces (SF) electronic security systems operations with the Air Force (AF) Installation Support Command (IMSC), all other major commands (MAJCOM) integrated base defense security systems action officers and the AFSFC/SFXR branch on all issues concerning security forces electronic and physical security requirements.
Duties will include:
- Work with a team of multiple government and contractor personnel, severing as a member of integrated product teams (IPT), providing accurate SF requirements interpretation for the development, acquisition, and deployment of electronic security systems protecting Air Force bases worldwide, including security for the entire Air Force nuclear weapons stockpile.
- Guide project managers through AF SF Integrated Base Defense Security Systems (IBDSS) development and coordination of mission needs statements, concept of operations, employment, and execution documents, operational requirement documents, program management directives, and operational test plans with the AF Security Forces Center (AFSFC), Major Commands (MAJCOM), and other services.
- Coordinate project site survey scheduling with AFSFC and other MAJCOMs needs for all MAJCOM assets, both nuclear and non-nuclear. Assists the Air Force Security Forces Center (AFSFC) and MAJCOMs in the development of Security System Products Descriptions (SSPD) for their electronic security programs. Helps develop and maintain project support agreements (PSA) with MAJCOMs and their installations. Provides MAJCOMs with Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) and cost estimates for the Program Objective Memorandum (POM) process. Assists in guiding the expenditure of an IBDSS budget for installation, sustainment, and modernization of electronic and physical security systems, to include. Acting as primary SF Integrated Product Team (IPT) member for all fixed site alarm annunciation and automated entry control systems installations that enter the Air Force SF inventory. This includes all fixed site PL1- PL4 installations, PL1 Nuclear (PL1N), and all installations CONUS and OCONUS, and all tactical installations in the Area of Responsibility (AOR).
- Deploy to project Pre-Award and Post Award site surveys to provide SF technical expertise.
- Assist in the development of acquisition documents to include the Statement of Work (SOW), installation specifications, and Contract Data Requirements Listing (CDRLs)
- Provide SF technical expertise in the Request for Quote (RFQ) Fair Opportunity Evaluations (FOE)
- Provide SF expertise during all project Design Reviews (DR)
- Perform and act in a lead role in project Government Acceptance Tests (GAT) and act as the government representative in project Contractor Verification Tests (CVT).
- Serve as liaison between the program office and groups such as the Physical Security Equipment Advisory Group (PSEAG) and IBDSS Working Group as they relate to electronic security.
- Provide logistics support and training for new security systems and ongoing support of legacy systems through the Cryptologic Systems Group (CPSG) in San Antonio, Texas.
- Provide assessment of lethal and non-lethal weapons for protection of personnel and resources, whether in garrison or deployed worldwide
- Provide any integration of Army, Navy and Marine Corps specific security needs into AF project requirements and strategy documents in support of joint acquisitions
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
Advanced Degree (MA/MS) and 12 years of experience in the respective technical/professional discipline being performed, 5 years of which must be in the DoD; OR, BA/BS degree, and 15 years of experience in the respective technical/professional discipline being performed, 5 of which must be in the DoD defense acquisitions, Security Forces, and/or engineering as applicable;
OR, 20 years of directly related experience with proper certifications as described in the Functionally Aligned Job Descriptions, 8 of which must be in the DoD defense acquisitions, Security Forces, and/or engineering as applicable.
- Works with assigned administrative, and matrixed acquisition support, financial management, engineering contracting, configuration and data management, and other staff.
- Works with the Oasis Task Lead and Oasis teammates to document processes, and initiate and implement AFSO21 Rapid Improvement Events, Training Events and mentoring sessions for all task personnel.
- Responsible for developing Integrated Master Schedule inputs, and tracking and reporting on Progress for assigned program(s).
- Develops, reviews, and approves plans, schedules, and other technical documentation.
- Facilitates and supports Division meetings and reviews, team building, strategic planning, and other on- and off-site activities.
- Assists as needed in preparing and reviewing program/project documentation, e.g. Determinations and Findings, Justifications and Approvals, Requests for Proposals (RFPs), Statement Of Objectives (SOOs), Statements-of-Work (SOWs), Program Implementation Packages (PiPs), Performance Works Statements (PWS), Systems/Technical Requirements Documents (SRD/TRD), Contract Data Requirements Lists (CDRLs), Program Support Agreements (PSA), EMAs, 1067s, etc. and assist in source selections.
- Performs other duties as required.