MAR Division of Oasis Systems has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Documentation Specialist/Editor. The Documentation Specialist/Editor candidate provides quality assurance, quality control, and technical editing support for all cybersecurity deliverables. The ideal candidate is very detail oriented with a strong command of English grammar and punctuation. He/she will be responsible for using quality methods and procedures to assist in the development of cybersecurity deliverables. As a result, a working knowledge of standards and requirements outlined by FISMA, NIST, OMB, and others is preferred. The Documentation Specialist/Editor will be actively engaged in working with the cybersecurity analyst team to ensure that requisite documentation (security categorizations, risk assessments, contingency plans, cybersecurity system assessment reports, vulnerability assessment reports, etc.), meet established QA standards, contractual guidelines, and technical requirements including prescribed security controls, policies, and practices. This position has excellent career growth potential.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: (Education, Certifications, Experience, Skills)
This candidate must have experience with the following:
- EXPERIENCE LEVEL: Minimum of 1 to 3 years technical editing experience, with at least 1 year of experience in IT documentation preferred.
- EDUCATION: B.A. / B.S. degree or 2 years additional equivalent experience.
- SECURITY CLEARANCE: The ability to obtain an NRC Clearance.
- Exceptional technical communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to use plain English.
- Strong command of English grammar and punctuation.
- Ability to translate technical information into simpler terms for non-technical audiences.
- Ability to manage multiple writing assignments under tight deadlines.
- Ability to focus on deadlines and deliverables.
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products, especially Word and Excel.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: (Education, Certifications, Experience, Skills)
- Knowledge of FISMA and NIST SP 800-53 requirements, and cybersecurity principles is a plus.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: Functionally, the successful candidate will:
- Provide Quality Assurance (QA) review for cybersecurity authorization and guidance documents, including: security categorizations, system security plans, cybersecurity system assessment reports, security risk assessments, vulnerability assessment reports, and contingency plans and reports, etc.
- Ensure all contract deliverables meet established QA standards and contractual guidelines.
- Review deliverables and work products for editorial/grammatical and organizational defects.
- Provide direct technical editing support to customer as needed.
- Provide technical editing support for corporate documents as needed.
- Assist staff with the development, editing, and formatting of various documents.
- Creation of standardized templates.
Who We Are
Oasis Systems is a premier provider of customer-driven, cost-effective and quality Engineering Services; Enterprise Systems and Applications; Human Factors Engineering; Information Technology and Cyber Security; Professional Services; and Specialized Engineering Solutions to the Department of Defense, FAA, NRC and other federal agencies.
We strive to be an exciting and welcoming company that attracts, develops, motivates and retains the most talented, skilled and dedicated people in the industry; where they are encouraged to achieve personal excellence, purpose, and their full potential and career aspirations; while supporting mission-critical national security technologies and programs.
MAR Division of Oasis Systems is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of any legally protected characteristic including, but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, medical condition, military veteran status or on the basis of physical handicap which, with reasonable accommodation, render the application to satisfactorily perform the job available.