MAR Division of Oasis Systems has an exciting opportunity for a full time Linux/Windows Systems Administrator Level III in the Annapolis Junction area. The System Administrator provides Tier I - 3 support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of information Technology (IT) systems
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: (Education, Certifications, Experience, Skills)
This candidate must have experience with the following:
- EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION : BS or equivalent + 5 yrs. related experience, or MS + 3 yrs. related experience
- CERTIFICATIONS AND TOOLS: Must meet 8570 IAT II requirements to include one of the following certifications: CCNA Security, GIC SP, GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP, CASP CE, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP, GCED, GCIH, CySA+
- SECURITY CLEARANCE: Must have active TS/SCI clearance with Full Scope Poly.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with customers and work in a team environment.
- Must be well versed in Linux.
- System Admin III experience providing Tiers 1-3 support.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: (Education, Certifications, Experience, Skills)
This candidate shall have experience with the following:
- . Able to support system in a hybrid Linux and Windows environment.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: Functionally, the successful candidate will:
- Provide Tier III system administration support for CentOS operating systems.
- Install, upgrade and configure Linux workstations.
- Maintain smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network engineers.
- Sets up administrator and service accounts, maintains system documentation, tunes system performance, installs system-wide software, and allocates mass storage space. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
- Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation, and provides backup recovery.
- Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- TRAVEL: N/A
Who We Are
Oasis Systems is a premier provider of customer-driven, cost-effective and quality Engineering Services; Enterprise Systems and Applications; Human Factors Engineering; Information Technology and Cyber Security; Professional Services; and Specialized Engineering Solutions to the Department of Defense, FAA, NRC and other federal agencies.
We strive to be an exciting and welcoming company that attracts, develops, motivates and retains the most talented, skilled and dedicated people in the industry; where they are encouraged to achieve personal excellence, purpose, and their full potential and career aspirations; while supporting mission-critical national security technologies and programs.
MAR Division of Oasis Systems is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of any legally protected characteristic including, but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, medical condition, military veteran status or on the basis of physical handicap which, with reasonable accommodation, render the application to satisfactorily perform the job available.