Support all aspects of Airborne C2 capabilities, capability gaps, systems integration, and developing JCIDS documents. Assisting with achieving interoperable, affordable, responsive, and sustainable C2 systems which satisfy Service, Joint, Interagency, and Coalition C2 information exchange requirements. Development of C2 investment strategies and providing technical assistance for airborne C2 systems integration planning. Support the generation of operational requirements for acquisition and integration of new or modified airborne C2 capabilities, recommending executable courses of action and providing technical reports, development and coordination of JCIDS documentation and Air Force (AF) Program Objective Memorandum (POM) documentation
- Provide services to include program management, planning, engineering, technical, and risk reduction support.
- Assist in identification of technical, operational and acquisition factors that impose risk to achieving Airborne C2 integration objectives. Using established techniques, contribute to plans for achieving the goal of an interoperable integrated airborne C2; analyze business processes to accurately characterize capability gaps along with needed capabilities; and identify key performance criteria such as criticality, security, retention, availability, and accessibility.
- Conduct operational feedback, analysis, and technical/operational evaluation of existing and emerging data link concepts and airborne C2 capabilities. These C2 and TDL concepts shall include, track management, correlation, fusion, smart forwarding, and transporting data to/from the tactical edge.
- Employ operational expertise to assist operational users and provide constant liaison between operational users and product centers/program offices. This will include assisting with the development of Advanced TDL concepts and requirements, including capabilities such as the sharing of data between 5th and 4th generation platforms.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, information systems, business administration, management or other related technical or scientific discipline
- Five (5) years’ experience with C2 system program management (e.g., requirements initiation, test and evaluation, system fielding, operations, logistics and maintenance) processes and procedures; multi-TDL Architecture and multi-TDL Network(s)
- Five (5) years’ in a position requiring analysis and evaluation of operational capabilities and limitations for technical solutions for TDL systems
- Five (5) years’ work experience analyzing, developing and evaluating directives, policies and procedures associated with the modernization and sustainment of TDL Systems, TDL Networks, and TDL Gateways programs and systems
- Three (3) years’ experience using and complying with the laws, principles, policies, and practices of DoD systems acquisition and program management
- Three (3) years’ experience reviewing and drafting JCIDS requirements documents
- Three (3) years’ higher headquarters (HHQ) (e.g., MAJCOM, NAF, HAF or equivalent) staff experience
- Secret Clearance