MAR Division of Oasis Systems has an exciting opportunity for a full time Senior Systems Administrator Level III in the Annapolis Junction, MD area.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: (Education, Certifications, Experience, Skills) This candidate must have experience with the following:
- EXPERIENCE LEVEL & EDUCATION (Minimum equivalent combined education and experience required): Doctorate and 1 years’ experience, Master's degree and 6 years’ experience, Bachelor's Degree and 5 years’ experience, associate degree and 7 years’ experience, or High School Grad and 9 years’ experience in System Administration and/or Network Engineering.
- CERTIFICATIONS AND TOOLS: Must meet 8570 IAT II requirements to include one of the following certifications: CCNA Security, GIC SP, GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP, CASP CE, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP, GCED, GCIH, CySA+
- SECURITY CLEARANCE: Must currently have and be able to maintain a TS/SCI Clearance with Poly
- TRAVEL: N/A
- Cent OS 6/7 server builds/management
- Yum/Spacewalk repository builds/management
- Kickstart builds/management
- LDAP / Central Authentication
- NFS share builds/management
- VMware data stores build/management
- Linux/Windows directory management
- Ability to troubleshoot and analyze Linux systems and networks efficiently
- Must have expertise in Networking.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Leadership skills to guide and mentor the work of less experienced personnel.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to lead and work as part of a team
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: Functionally, the successful candidate will:
- Experience in LINUX system administration in a virtual environment using VMWare, including installing and maintaining operating systems, configuring and installing hardware/software utilizing monitoring technologies, troubleshooting, and sustaining the operational health of the infrastructure.
- Strong communication skills, as well as excellent teaming skills and a positive, customer-focused attitude.
- Provides support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of Information Technology (IT) systems.
- Manages IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems. Provides support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all the client/server/storage/network devices, etc.
- Provides Tier 1 through Tier 3 problem identification, diagnosis, and resolution of problems.
- Candidate must be able to coordinate and partner with various work centers, network engineers/administrators, and customer organizations in the execution of daily tasks.
- Configures and manages Linux installs/loads operating systems
- Configures and manages Linux installs/loads operating system software, troubleshoots, maintains integrity, and configures network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance.
Who We Are
Oasis Systems is a premier provider of customer-driven, cost-effective and quality Engineering Services; Enterprise Systems and Applications; Human Factors Engineering; Information Technology and Cyber Security; Professional Services; and Specialized Engineering Solutions to the Department of Defense, FAA, NRC and other federal agencies. We strive to be an exciting and welcoming company that attracts, develops, motivates and retains the most talented, skilled and dedicated people in the industry; where they are encouraged to achieve personal excellence, purpose, and their full potential and career aspirations; while supporting mission-critical national security technologies and programs. MAR Division of Oasis Systems is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of any legally protected characteristic including, but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, medical condition, military veteran status or on the basis of physical handicap which, with reasonable accommodation, render the application to satisfactorily perform the job available.