All candidates must have active TS/SCI clearance with Full Scope Poly. MAR Division of Oasis Systems is unable to sponsor new clearances.
MAR Division of Oasis Systems has an exciting opportunity for a full time Systems Engineer Level 2 (Virtualization) in the Annapolis Junction, MD area. The Systems Engineer in the Infrastructure group is a technical leadership role responsible for evaluation, recommendation, design, implementation, and ongoing support of the computer infrastructure services and to ensure high availability, redundancy, recoverability, and capacity.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: (Education, Certifications, Experience, Skills)
This candidate must have experience with the following:
- EXPERIENCE LEVEL: Fourteen (14) years’ experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity within the Federal Government is required.
- EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Five (5) years of additional SE experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- CERTIFICATIONS AND TOOLS: N/A
- SECURITY CLEARANCE: Must currently have and be able to maintain a TS/SCI Clearance with Poly.
- TRAVEL: N/A
- Must be proficient in configuring and maintaining large virtual environment managed by VMWare.
- Must have experienced configuring and deploying systems in Amazon web services.
- Must be accomplished in all areas of analysis, design, installation, implementation, configuration, tuning, administration, operation, and security of mid-to-large-tier Windows systems.
- Must have demonstrated experience with Group Policy Management, ePolicy Orchestrator (EPO), Exchange and other Microsoft software.
- Must have experience creating Powershell scripts
- Must be familiar with antivirus and security software (HBSS) and troubleshooting services affected by these software applications.
- May be required to respond to after-hours requests as required in a 24 x 7 environment.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: Functionally, the successful candidate will:
- Establishes system information requirements using analysis of enterprise-wide or large-scale information systems.
- Designs architecture to include the software, hardware, and communications to support the total requirements as well as provide for present and future cross-functional requirements and interfaces.
- Ensures these systems are compatible and in compliance with the standards for agency IT architectures, and profiles of standards as they apply to the implementation and specific to the solution for the platform, integration with other systems, and the external interfaces.
- Ensures that the common operating environment is compliant.
- Performs risk analysis.
- Evaluates analytically and systematically problems of work flows, organization and planning and develops appropriate corrective action
- The Systems Engineer in the Infrastructure group is a technical leadership role responsible for evaluation, recommendation, design, implementation, and ongoing support of the computer infrastructure services and to ensure high availability, redundancy, recoverability, and capacity.
- These technical areas include: maintaining various Windows Operating system, configure and manage multiple VMware virtual and Amazon cloud environments.
- Provide support to the Engineering Operations and application development groups.
- Work closely with the other groups in the Infrastructure Engineering area - networking, data center, storage, security and architecture.
Who We Are
Oasis Systems is a premier provider of customer-driven, cost-effective and quality Engineering Services; Enterprise Systems and Applications; Human Factors Engineering; Information Technology and Cyber Security; Professional Services; and Specialized Engineering Solutions to the Department of Defense, FAA, NRC and other federal agencies.
We strive to be an exciting and welcoming company that attracts, develops, motivates and retains the most talented, skilled and dedicated people in the industry; where they are encouraged to achieve personal excellence, purpose, and their full potential and career aspirations; while supporting mission-critical national security technologies and programs.
MAR Division of Oasis Systems is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of any legally protected characteristic including, but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, medical condition, military veteran status or on the basis of physical handicap which, with reasonable accommodation, render the application to satisfactorily perform the job available