All candidates must have active TS/SCI clearance with Full Scope Poly. MAR Division of Oasis Systems is unable to sponsor new clearances.
MAR Division of Oasis Systems has an exciting opportunity for a full time Systems Administrator Level 3 in the Annapolis Junction, MD area. The Systems Administrator will provide support for implementation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of IT systems. Experience building, patching and maintaining servers both physical and virtual. An understanding of Cloud Infrastructure Services or Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) is necessary.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: (Education, Certifications, Experience, Skills)
This candidate must have experience with the following:
- EXPERIENCE LEVEL: Either a Doctorate plus 1 year, OR Master’s plus 3 years, OR Bachelor’s plus 5 years, Associate’s plus 7 years, OR H.S./GED plus 9 years
- EDUCATION: BA/BS degree in information systems, computer science, or related fields.
- CERTIFICATIONS AND TOOLS: One of the following DoD approved certifications is necessary to meet the category/level IAT-2 (DoD 8570) requirement for this position: Security+ CE, GSEC, SSCP, GICSP, CSA+, CCNA-Security, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), CASP, GCIH, or GCED.
- SECURITY CLEARANCE: Must currently have and be able to maintain a TS/SCI Clearance with Poly
- TRAVEL: Must be open to the possibility of travel (CONUS & OCONUS), anticipate less than 5%.
- Must have experience with Linux systems in the areas of system administration troubleshooting, integration, shell scripting, and development. This includes Task Sequence, SCCM, ePO, PowerShell scripting and configuring/maintaining DNS.
- Must have experience with VMWare and supporting a virtual infrastructure; and OpenStack.
- Must have experience with Cloud Infrastructure Services or Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS).
- Must be available for on-call support.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: (Education, Certifications, Experience, Skills)
This candidate shall have experience with the following:
- Shall have experience with configuration management and development environments such as: git, subversion, or Jenkins
- Shall have experience with any of the following: JIRA, Nagios, Python, Puppet, YUMRpo, Ansible Tower, and/or ILOM
- Shall have experience with Red Hat OpenStack Platform (OSP)
- Shall have experience with Windows System Administration
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: Functionally, the successful candidate will:
- Provide system support services for Virtual Machines (VM's) and images (scripting, image maintenance, system configuration and automation)
- Establish automated workflows through PowerShell scripting and Task Sequence for creating and deploying cloud images.
- Ensure VMs and images are reporting to corporate tools (SCCM, ePO, etc)
- Ensure systems are kept in required configuration profile, including: patch maintenance, changes as required by evolvement of production environments, updating software and software configurations
- Maintain up to date system documentation for all responsible systems
- Troubleshoot systems identifying hardware, software and procedural issues.
- Respond to internal trouble ticket system requests:
- Respond promptly and courteously to engineering requests for assistance, take ownership and ensure resolution of tickets in a timely manner.
- Determine the nature of the problem being reported
- Initiate the action necessary to resolve the problem
- Document all communication to and from customers
- Ensure follow-up on outstanding service issues
- Implement plans for deploying new services in a highly available and automated environment
- Be a proactive member of team looking for improvements in technologies and efficiencies
- Assume other duties/projects as they arise and be responsive to the needs of the department
- Provide weekly status report on activities completed in the last week and current projects.
Who We Are
Oasis Systems is a premier provider of customer-driven, cost-effective and quality Engineering Services; Enterprise Systems and Applications; Human Factors Engineering; Information Technology and Cyber Security; Professional Services; and Specialized Engineering Solutions to the Department of Defense, FAA, NRC and other federal agencies.
We strive to be an exciting and welcoming company that attracts, develops, motivates and retains the most talented, skilled and dedicated people in the industry; where they are encouraged to achieve personal excellence, purpose, and their full potential and career aspirations; while supporting mission-critical national security technologies and programs.
MAR Division of Oasis Systems is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of any legally protected characteristic including, but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, medical condition, military veteran status or on the basis of physical handicap which, with reasonable accommodation, render the application to satisfactorily perform the job available.