We are currently seeking a Senior Scientist to join MAR Division of Oasis Systems, LLC to supporting the Navy in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. Supporting underwater testing ranges, associated underwater and shore side assets, marine vehicles, designs, studies, equipment maintenance, and operations. Providing engineering, technical support, and services for its operations in the South Florida area of operations.
LOCATION: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
EXPERIENCE LEVEL: Must have at least five (5) years of directly related experience.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree in physics, mathematics, or engineering.
CERTIFICATIONS AND TOOLS: N/A
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Must be able to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance.
JOB STATUS: Full-Time
TRAVEL: CONUS and OCONUS
RESPONSIBILITIES: Functionally, the successful candidate will:
- Must have experience with advanced signal processing techniques, acoustics theory, propagation, and measurements, electromagnetics theory and measurements of physical structures, interfacing of hardware and software for real time acquisition and analysis of acoustic and electromagnetic data from ships and submarines, underwater tracking systems, information management systems.
- Must have a demonstrated knowledge of computer operating systems and appropriate software development environments.
- Must have experience in project management of system development and integration and demonstrated task completion of software module development in support of system development and integration for signature data measurement and analysis systems.
- Must demonstrate an understanding of wave theory and its relation to physical phenomena have knowledge of physics associated with acoustic scattering phenomena, acoustic resonance, wave theory, and wave propagation.
- Familiarity with boundary value problems and their solutions, familiarity with finite element and finite boundary methods, familiarity with physical structures and a demonstrated understanding of how theory relates to these is preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in physics, mathematics, or engineering and five (5) years' experience.
- Must be able to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance.
MAR Division of Oasis Systems, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of any legally protected characteristic including, but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, medical condition, military veteran status or on the basis of physical handicap which, with reasonable accommodation, render the application to satisfactorily perform the job available.