Human Solutions, Inc. [HSI], a Division of Oasis Systems, is a professional services company that was established in 1997. Through the knowledge and experience of its skilled professionals, the company offers a wide range of technical and management services for air traffic control providers, aviation planners, airport operators, and business management services for government and industry. Our core competencies include: engineering, human factors, air traffic systems support, safety and QMS, program management and organizational development.
HSI has worked extensively with the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration where it has earned a reputation for on-time delivery of high quality products tailored to the special needs of its clients. We also work with aviation organizations around the world and provide management consulting services to other public and private entities.
We have an immediate need for a Strategic Planner supporting the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). To join our team, you must be organized, self-motivated, and exhibit excellent communication, interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills. Must work well in a fast-paced and constantly changing team environment.
- Supports all aspects of program/project management involving planning, developing, organizing, coordinating, and conducting organizational activities to ensure FAA operational policies, processes, and program elements are integrated and documented.
- Writes and/or reviews and edits all documented communications for the directorate including, but not limited to, briefings, memorandums, congressional correspondences, meeting notes, status reports, FOIAs, Orders, Directives, Letters, presentations, briefings, and talking points, while tailoring content for target audiences.
- Archives all communications materials for future use and to ensure consistency of messaging.
- Develops and analyzes weekly/monthly reports on business-related metrics.
- Provides advisory and analytical support for development of strategies, planning, and implementation activities associated with the execution of fundamental changes.
- Provides support in planning, developing and implementing strategic plans and schedules for business initiatives; develops and revises communications planning documents, tactics, and strategy.
- Develops, coordinates, and obtains senior-level management input and approval for planning agendas, logistics, and communication of planning sessions, capturing and managing action item status, and gathering, analyzing, and reporting on data collected.
- Updates Business Plans to include recent successes and challenges and posts on KSN.
- Augments existing cost avoidance/savings tools to better track and display program successes and prepares Cost Control monthly reports.
- Drafts responses to questions regarding Organization Success Increase (OSI) goals.
- Creates visual dashboards for system facility costs, using Tableau as required.
- Revises website materials, including introductory briefing, website overview, initiative report and FY15 survey results.
- Edits video scripts, as necessary.
- Attends and facilitates off-site meetings and follows up with official reports, presentations for executives, and talking points, and draft proposals .
- Analyzes data from studies and creates multifaceted implementation plans based on findings, to include funding proposals, staffing allocations, cost estimates, and a reporting structure for the implementation team.
Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor of Arts/Science degree is required.
- At least 5 years of related work experience.
- FAA experience highly preferred.
Skills and Qualities:
- Self-motivated, independent thinker that requires minimal supervision.
- Ideal candidate is a customer-service oriented problem solver with the ability to work independently and as part of diverse teams.
- Excellent people skills - able to work with teams of varying sizes, technical abilities, and levels of authority with both internal corporate staff and teammates. An ability to work with many personality types and style preferences at the same time and help provide a constructive work environment.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, organizational, critical thinking and analysis, meeting facilitation, and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Must be flexible in adapting to deadlines and changing priorities, has a pro-active attitude and a disciplined work ethic. A demonstrated flexibility of schedule and ability to handle last minute, short turnaround items. This includes an ability to quickly assess a situation or deliverable and then implement the most beneficial changes possible in the available time.
- The ability to rebound and adapt quickly to sudden changes in deliverable requirements or deliverable expectations.
- Thorough, detail oriented, and organized, with excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects at once.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Project, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Word.
"We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law."