MAR Division of Oasis Systems has an exciting opportunity for an Release Manager/Configuration Manager Level III. The CM is responsible for supporting the effective implementation of new software and hardware releases into the operational environment using the controlling processes of configuration and change management
LOCATION: Columbia, MD
EXPERIENCE LEVEL: Eight (8) years of experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity are required.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business discipline from an accredited college or university is required. A Master’s degree may be substituted for two (2) years of experience, reducing the total years of experience to six (6). Four (4) years of additional experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree.
CERTIFICATIONS AND TOOLS: N/A
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Must have an active TS/SCI with a Full Scope Polygraph.
JOB STATUS: Full-Time
RESPONSIBILITIES: Functionally, the successful candidate will:
- Supporting the effective implementation of new software and hardware releases into the operational environment using the controlling processes of configuration and change management.
- Establishing, documenting, implementing, managing, and monitoring the release management process in line with overall objectives, and ensure program-wide compliance for both normal and emergency (break/fix) operations.
- Establishing a release calendar to: coordinate services, implement and monitor release plans, including producing detailed timetables of events and documenting action plans by individual sites.
- Measuring and monitoring progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time and meet expectations.
- Planning future release windows and cycles across a portfolio.
- Maintaining a release repository and manages key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists.
- Identifying all applicable stakeholders per release, notifies, communicates, and manages expectations during the planning and rollout of new releases.
- Coordinating release content and effort based on the service request backlog, pending service requests, third party applications, or operating system updates.
- Defining exact content and rollout plan for a release, aligned with change management processes.
- Negotiating, planning and managing all release activities.
- Ensuring hardware and software being changed is traceable, secure, and that only correct, authorized and tested versions are installed.
- Assisting in identifying and managing interdependencies and timing concerns, to ensure milestone adherence, and ensure that release integrity can be measured.
- Managing risks and communicate/escalate issues related to the release plan, scope, schedule, and implementation quality.
- Communicating all key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, quality assurance plans, schedule, and scope changes in accordance with program protocol.
- Conducting release readiness reviews, milestone reviews, and business go/no-go reviews.
- Preparing weekly release reporting.
QUALIFICATIONS: This candidate must have experience with the following:
- Eight (8) years of experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity are required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business discipline from an accredited college or university is required. A Master’s degree may be substituted for two (2) years of experience, reducing the total years of experience to six (6).
- Four (4) years of additional experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree.
- Detailed understanding of ITIL change, configuration, and release management processes. ITIL / ITSM / CMMI experience.
- Experience in IT project management.
- Experience planning, coordinating, testing, and scheduling major releases of software is preferred. Experience using an enterprise ticketing system to coordinate and schedule activities.
MAR Division of Oasis Systems is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of any legally protected characteristic including, but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, medical condition, military veteran status or on the basis of physical handicap which, with reasonable accommodation, render the application to satisfactorily perform the job available.