MAR Division of Oasis Systems has an exciting opportunity for an Change Manager Level II. The CM is responsible for the execution of the CM process, which includes operating the defined and agreed process, ensuring it interfaces with all other relevant processes, reviewing the effectiveness and efficiency of the process, performing process audits and managing the process improvement cycle.
LOCATION: Columbia, MD
EXPERIENCE LEVEL: Six (6) years of experience as a CM in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity are required.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional CM experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree.
CERTIFICATIONS AND TOOLS: N/A
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Must have an active TS/SCI with a Full Scope Polygraph.
JOB STATUS: Full-Time - contingent upon award
RESPONSIBILITIES: Functionally, the successful candidate will:
- Assisting in definition, documentation, and implementation of processes and provisioning for configuration identification, configuration level change control, configuration status accounting, and configuration audits.
- Providing configuration management planning and is responsible for maintaining information about Configuration Items required for delivering the IT services in the Service Catalog.
- Maintenance a logical Configuration Management System (CMS) model, containing the components of the IT infrastructure (CIs) and their associations.
- Serving as technical support in the Go / No-go decision for transitions and major changes to the environment.
- Participating in and monitoring the change process so that only approved and validated changes are incorporated.
- Providing deep technical analysis to assess the potential impact of proposed changes, and assures that the incident management teams are aware of the forward schedule of changes approved by the CCB.
- Coordinating with Release managers to be able to correlate changes and the possible impacts, and make recommendations for roll back of changes if impact is realized.
- Regulating the change process so that only approved and validated changes are incorporated in the CMS.
- Working closely with engineering and implementation staff to assure configurations meet or exceed standards and policy, and that routine patches and changes of component systems do not reduce service security, utility, or warranty.
- Overseeing the Change and Configuration Teams activities Lead for Change Management functions to include maintaining and documenting change management procedures, stakeholder management, technical and business impact assessment.
- Monitoring and reporting status of changes, coordinating review boards, and identifying and managing scheduling conflicts.
QUALIFICATIONS: This candidate must have experience with the following:
- Six (6) years of experience as a CM in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity are required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional CM experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree.
- Detailed understanding of ITIL change, configuration, and release management processes. ITIL / ITSM / CMMI experience.
- Experience in IT project management. Experience planning and scheduling IT system changes using an enterprise ticketing system is a plus.
MAR Division of Oasis Systems is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of any legally protected characteristic including, but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, medical condition, military veteran status or on the basis of physical handicap which, with reasonable accommodation, render the application to satisfactorily perform the job available.