MAR Division of Oasis Systems has an exciting opportunity for a 1st Assistant Engineer to Supervises the safe operation and maintenance on the U.S. Army Vessel (USAV) WORTHY.
LOCATION: Kwajalein, Marshall Islands
EDUCATION: Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent. Degree from a certified maritime vocational school or Maritime Academy preferred.
CERTIFICATIONS AND TOOLS: U.S. Coast Guard 1600 Masters License, Radar license. Excludes "Motorboat Operators"
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Required to pass a Federal Background Investigation to obtain a Common Access Card (CAC).
JOB STATUS: Full-Time - This position is contingent upon proposal award.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Functionally, the successful candidate will:Supervises, operates, and maintains the engineering plant on the U.S. Army Vessel (USAV) known as WORTHY
- Supervises, operates and maintains the assigned vessel’s propulsion and auxiliary engineering systems.
- Determines parts, supplies, and material requirements for job accomplishment.
- May be required to conducts ship assist and barge operations in semi‐protected waters.
- Supervises engineering watch members.
- Oversees the USAV Worthy preventive maintenance program and coordinates for required USAG‐KA Marine repair shop support.
- Accurately inputs O&M data, as well as, projects long range maintenance issues.
- Ensures the vessel maintains ABS Load‐line and U.S. Army standards.
- Remains on standby/recall status to the vessel during dockside periods, as needed.
- Participates in the vessels off site OCCM (On‐Condition Cyclic Maintenance) Dry‐docking on a three year basis
- Conducting on‐the‐job training of personal, as may be required.
- Accurately and properly maintaining all required engineering logs and records.
- Using hand and power tools commonly used in the maritime industry.
- Enforcing safety regulations, guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Ensuring all personnel are wearing the appropriate PPE for the assigned task.
QUALIFICATIONS: This candidate must have experience with the following:
- Two (2) years’ experience as an engineer.
- U.S. Coast Guard DDE 4000 Engineer license.
- Knowledge of common safety practices and protective equipment used on an ocean going towing vessel.
- Possess a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
- Required to pass a Federal Background Investigation to obtain a Common Access Card (CAC).
- Ability to obtain a U.S. Passport.
- Ability to pass a post offer drug screen and physical/medical clearance.
MAR Division of Oasis Systems is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of any legally protected characteristic including, but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, medical condition, military veteran status or on the basis of physical handicap which, with reasonable accommodation, render the application to satisfactorily perform the job available.