MAR, A Division of Oasis Systems has an exciting opportunity for a Deputy Program Manager (Maritime Operations) with strong marine operations background. He/she will be responsible for providing engineering, logistics and administrative support to the M/V Independence Program Manager based in Ventura, CA. Specifically, this individual will assist the Program Manger in managing the day-to-day operations of the Indy contract and serve as the relief Program Manager as needed. Responsible for maintaining the MAR Health and Safety Plan manual and program. Will serve as a key player in facilitating the MAR ISO 9001 program for the Ventura office.
LOCATION: Ventura, CA
SUPERVISOR: Program Manager, M/V Independence contract
EXPERIENCE LEVEL: Minimum of 5+ years of related marine operations.
EDUCATION: BS Marine Transportation, Nautical Industrial Technology or Marine Engineering Degree preferred
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Ability to obtain/maintain SSBI/TS security clearance
RESPONSIBILITIES: Functionally, the candidate will be responsible for:
- Responsible for operations, administrative and logistic support to the Program Manager and the M/V Independence in the Ventura Office. Serves as a Relief Program Manager as needed.
- Responds to the request for quote by reviewing the statement of work then researching and preparing proposals for our Navy customer. Interfaces with administrative/finance staff and government officials on all proposal related issues. Monitor all contract deliverables.
- Prepares, submits and reviews purchase requests and quotes to vendors to include evaluation for awards.
- Provide oversight of vendor performance on issued purchase orders to include quality control, adherence to work schedules, and to insure delivery schedules are met.
- Evaluate, organize and process/adapt to urgent/changed priorities in the support/execution of all operational task orders.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Make recommendations to strategic plans and reviews, resolving problems; completing audits; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Participate in ISO 9001 program and audits.
- Responsible for maintaining, implementing, and conducting annual reviews of Indy health and safety program and manual.
- All other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS: The ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum of 5+ years of related marine operations.
- Have an overarching/general understanding of marine operations and government contracting.
- Demonstrates strong experience in procurement, administration and proposal preparation.
- Demonstrates strong analytical skills.
- Possesses excellent interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills at all levels, and is a strategic thinker capable of working productively in a team environment as well as independently.
- Demonstrates strong organizational, and management skills and capable of driving the proposal process under various and sometimes conflicting pressures. Must be versatile, resourceful and proactive.
- Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office suite applications (i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel, and SharePoint).
- Knowledge of Ship Operations.
- Ability to multitask, problem solve with excellent interpersonal, written and verbal skills and a “can do” attitude.
- Knowledge of ISO-9001 Quality Policies, Procedures and Processes and able to assist in the MAR ISO program including 6thmonth surveillance audits
- Quality Control
MAR a Division of Oasis Systems is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of any legally protected characteristic including, but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, medical condition, military veteran status or on the basis of physical handicap which, with reasonable accommodation, render the application to satisfactorily perform the job available.